What is a poster Presentation?
As a poster presenter you can deliver your presentation effectively to an audience in the form of a poster. There is no formal oral presentation in a poster session, instead each author is assigned a display area on which diagrams, graphics, data, pictures/photos, and a small amount of text are presented.
The poster should be self-explanatory, but the author should be available at certain times, such as refreshment breaks and during the time devoted to poster session, to interact with viewers and answer questions.
Poster presenters could also derive a lot of benefits from registering for the conference.
General Guidelines for Creating an effective Poster Presentation
How you should make the content of a poster? A good poster should answer following questions.
- Does the poster deliver a message?
- Is the information not enough or too much?
- Do the graphics express the information?
- Is the presentation original in its content or findings?
- Is the methodology mentioned?
- Are the aims and objectives mentioned?
- Are the conclusions/results presented?
Visual guidelines for posters
There are many poster templates available online. Select one that makes sense for your presentation. Share the layout with a colleague to obtain feedback before proceeding.
- The heading of the poster should be centered at the top of the poster, and it should include the topic, the author’s name and contact details.
- Select a legible font that is clearly visible, at least from approximately 2.5 meters.
- Use a simple format and spatial layout with helpful color combinations.
- Use reader-friendly icons and symbols such as arrows, numbers, bullets, boxes.
- Avoid abbreviations and jargon as much as possible.
- Your poster will attract viewers if your ideas are presented clearly: the topic, methodology, example, conclusions, as well as the visibility of the poster’s layout, will attract viewers.
Dimensions for the posters are 2*3 feet (Width 2feet and Height 3feet). Please ensure that your poster does not exceed this size.
Please ensure that you handover the poster to the organizing committee at the registration table.
Poster viewing session and Evaluation
A time slot will be allocated for the poster viewing in the conference program and please ensure that you stand by your poster(s) for discussions and questions during that session.
Poster presenters are able to explain their material, answer questions, exchange contact information, and fully discuss the subject matter, as visitors examine the displays during the time allocated for poster presentation.
If you wish your paper to be published in Conference Publications, but will not able to attend the conference, you have an option to register as a “virtual presenter”.
- Abstracts and papers will be published in conference proceedings
- Submit your paper for peer review to the supporting Journals
An author certificate, abstract book and conference materials will be posted to every virtual presenter after the conference.
Evaluation of the Presentations
All the presentations (Oral/Poster) will be evaluated by the session chairs and evaluation panel members based on the given criteria. Based on the marks given by the session chairs and evaluation panel members, the best presenter in each session, best overall presenter, best student presenter and best poster presenter will be selected. All these winners will be awarded at the Awards ceremony.